Young Construction Leaders of Manitoba
Guided by the belief that you can continue to learn beyond the classroom, YCLM engages and connect young professionals in the industry, cultivating lasting relationships and industry connections.
Geared for the under 40 crowd, YCLM lays a strong foundation for members as they embark on their career journey through networking events, educational sessions, informal mentoring sessions and so much more.
With a looming skilled labour shortage, and an onslaught of retiring professionals, this generation is eager to learn and gain wisdom from leaders in the field, to keep pace with the demand for knowledgeable professionals in the coming years.
- Grow your network in the industry
- Build relationships early in your career
- Expand your knowledge beyond the classroom
- Lunch & Learn: Access to thought leaders covering topics on Construction Law, insurance, Best Practices and more.
- Boardroom Series: Get in the Boardroom of Manitoba’s leading companies and hear directly from their leaders on their career path and words of wisdom. Past sessions include Stantec, PCL, etc.
- Project Site Tours: Get early access to key projects in the City with our popular Project Site Tour. Past Site Tours include the brand new Winnipeg Police Headquarters, the Canadian Museum for Human Rights, etc.
- Networking Events: We like to have fun too. From our casual Pub & Pool Nights, formal Wine Tasting event, and everything in between, we make sure to host events that cater to the needs of the entire membership.
Through the drive and manpower of a handful of young leaders, along with the Winnipeg Construction Association, YCLM was born in July 2013 to serve the industry.
Now surpassing the 140+ member mark, YCLM continues to inspire young construction professionals in Manitoba, gaining momentum with each event and initiative.
Who can join?
- You’re a professional in the construction industry and are employed in the trades or in-office capacity.
- A design professional – either you’re a consulting engineer or architect
- A post-secondary student enrolled in a construction related program, or in architecture/engineering